If you have an important Spanish test coming up, studying shouldn't be the only thing on your to do list. Ace yourself with these Spanish test prep tips.
1. Find out the content, format, and limitations of the testIf you're in a Spanish class, ask your teacher for details:
- Which grammar and vocab topics are covered?
- Which language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking) are being tested?
- What types of questions (e.g., fill in the blank, multiple choice) does the test include?
- Is there a time limit?
- Can you use any tools (dictionary, verb conjugator, smartphone) during the test?
2. Determine which areas you have the most trouble with
Ser conjugations? Demonstrative adjectives? The dreaded subjunctive? Once you've pinpointed your trouble areas (or let KwizBot do it for you), you can focus your efforts on improving them. If you don't understand something, ask your teacher for help or find a lesson online. You can't study for a test effectively, much less pass the test, if you don't understand the topic in the first place.
3. Figure out the best way to study and practiceIt will vary somewhat according to your learning style, but here are some ideas:
- Practice deliberately
- Don't just read: recall
- Watch out for transference errors
- Repeat, repeat, and did I mention repeat?
4. Take practice tests
Research shows that taking kwizzes regularly goes a long way to improving your test scores. Log into (or create) your Kwiziq Spanish account, and use the search box to find lessons you need to work on. Add them to your Notebook and then kwiz away!